Thursday, July 4, 2013

Some Gardening Ideas







I moved my potting bench to a different area to make it more accessible.  If you look close on the front there is the word Garden in rustic letters as well as an old butterfly that is pretty rustic looking.  This at one time was a wind chime and it fell apart with age so I had kept the pieces thinking I might use it on something (because in the country rustic will work) .  When I moved the potting bench I saw just the place for the old letters and butterfly. 

Next is an old black cast iron pot that my neighbor gave me after cleaning out her barn.  I haven't decided yet what I am going to plant in it.  The pot next to it is something I had in our barn and I transplanted some succulents into that pot.  Those are succulents by the bottom of the wood that I transplanted.  This particular succulent (I don't know the name) is very hardy.  It dies back a little in the winter and then comes back to life in the spring.  It will spread everywhere and you can just pull it up and stick it where ever and it takes off.  My aunt gave me my start of it and I'm sorry I don't know the name.

The next photo is of an old galvanized tub and an old pot.  I really like stacking pots like this.  Just a little different look.  Again, around the bottom of the tub is that succulent.

This pic has an old stool I bought at a garage sale.  There is so much you can do with these in your landscape.  I think they really look cute with pots of flowers on them.  I have some rocks in a dish that I have collected.  But birdhouses or watering cans or little birds or a mixture of all would look cute arrange on this stool.

Next is my old ladder.  That has been in this place for about 6 years.  I still don't have the look that I exactly want.  Still a work in progress.  But maybe it will give you some ideas.

Last is my old headboard that I picked up by the curb.  I have morning glories climbing it.  My first choice would be the feathery vine that has little red flowers on it but the name of it is escaping me at the moment.  I had morning glories coming up in a lot of different places so I transferred these to the headboard.  When it all gets in full bloom, I'll post again.

Today is the Fourth of July!  As you head out to spend a wonderful day with family and friends, enjoy great food and end the evening with a display of great fireworks or maybe just fireworks on the driveway :)  may we all pray for a better world for our children and grandchildren and humanity.




No comments:

Post a Comment