Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Eternal Truth

I was reading a couple of days ago and came across this information which I thought was very interesting. 

In five different religions this fact is stated and taught as part of their belief system.

Christianity - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Buddhism - Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful.

Judaism - What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow man.  That is the entire Law; all the rest is commentary.

Islam - No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself.

Baha"i Faith - Blessed is he who preferreth his brother before himself.

I didn't know that all of these different religious beliefs believed this truth.  It's evident that this is an eternal truth.  I was thinking after I read this, if only we would all practice this what a different world this would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment