Sunday, July 7, 2013

Life on the Farm











Living in the country isn't for everyone but I have to say again , "I love it."  Almost every morning Susie meets me at the window to let me know she is ready to eat. 

Our neighbor finished bailing the pasture today and Oh how I love those bails.  I will enjoy that scene until he gathers them and takes them to his barn. 

We are slowly making progress on our space behind the barn.  We have up the post for the fence panels and will have them up by next week.  We have been working a lot cleaning out spaces, taking rotted wood off of old raised beds.  It's looking a lot better.

The egg plant is doing great.  My bounty this morning from the garden. 

My beautiful zinnias!  These flowers are so colorful and beautiful and easy to grow.  The zinnias I have this year are from seed pods I collected last year.  The seed pod will form by the end of summer, you can see it very easily.  Just cut if off and keep in a zip lock bag until spring.  The seeds will usually fall out of the pod but if they don't just pull them out.  The zinnias with some rosemary make beautiful bouquets for the home.

Last but not least are our neighbors goats.  They are cute and inquisitive.  Fun to watch when they start butting heads.

What a great day!  I'm very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment