Monday, July 1, 2013

Book of Light

My husband has a spiritual notebook that he calls Book of light. He has put this together over the years and it is full of quotes, definitions and notes that he has accumulated.  I sat down yesterday and was reading it with his permission and it was inspiring and thought provoking. I would like to share some of it with you.

"In religion and politics, peoples beliefs and convictions are almost in every case gotten second hand, without examination.  From authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue, but have taken them at second hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."
Mark Twain


"To KNOW and not to do, is not to KNOW."  Leo Pascalia


"They must find it difficult.....those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than the truth as the authority."      G. Massey, Egyptologist


"I like your Christ.  I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."  Gandhi


"To forgive is not to forget.  The merit lies in loving in spite of the vivid knowledge that the one that must be loved is not a friend."   Gandhi

I thought this definition was interesting.  Mysticism has always had a negative connotation to me so this was eye opening for me.
Mysticism - A direct union of the soul with GOD through contemplation and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment