Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Simple Centerpiece




For an Easter centerpiece this year, I used some things that I had on hand. A pretty cross, a figurine of a lion with a lamb, and a x-mas card I received years ago that I just love. It has Jesus on the front of it and I decorate with that card a lot. I then scattered some tea lights around those things and it looked pretty good.



We had company for Easter dinner and I didn't want to spend the time getting out my china and my pottery looks fallish so I mixed my everyday dishes which are yellow with my grandmother's everyday dishes which are white with light yellow, pink and green flowers around the edge. I used drinking glasses that are green and the other glasses had a yellow tint to them. Napkins were white with an embroidered yellow daisy. Green tablecloth. It all came together. I personally love mixing dishes. I have my mother's china and I like mixing her china with mine. If you are traditional in your decorating and if you are symmetrical in your decorating these ideas won't fit into your box. I decorate for a client quite often who could never do that, it would drive her nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment