Thursday, April 15, 2010

Go Little Plants Go


I transplanted all of my seedlings yesterday into 2 inch pots. I ended up losing more than I realized from Clarence's (my cat) nap on top of my seedlings. There are about 3 varieties that I only got about 3 plants. The plants are a little wiry. I didn't put enough heat soon enough and I didn't start using a fan as soon as I should. I will know next time! I still think they are going to do great and I am going to have a ton of tomatoes. I have a safe place for them outside and I am going to leave them outside now and bring them into an outside building at night. I will do this probably a week and then I will leave them outside all the time until I plant them in the garden.

Over the years, I have saved the containers from the plants I have bought. I washed them all and let them dry. I used Metro Mix potting soil and rooting hormone. I used a cuticle stick to go down the edge of the plug tray and pop out the seedling. I gently took off the excess dirt from around the root and then dipped the root into the rooting hormone. I used my forefinger and made a deep hole in the 2 inch pot and put the plant into the hole and gently push the dirt around the plant. After I was finished, I carefully watered each pot without getting water on the plant's leaves. I hope the next picture you see regarding my seedlings will be my garden full
of tomato plants.

Have a great day in the garden! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment