Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Alice Adella Reynolds


Our family gathered together this morning to remember and say goodbye to my mother-in-law. For the past 12 years she has lived in a mobile home on our property. I am so glad I had this time with her. I really came to know her and understand her. She didn't have the most picturesque life, in fact, it was quite the opposite. The last 12 years has probably been the most stress free and peaceful for her.

As I thought of her, I remembered what an animal lover she was and how she nursed back to health one of our beloved cats. She was a very hard worker, responsible, diligent and industrious. I've never seen anyone who could stretch a dollar as far as she could. She had a very meager income but she was a very generous giver. I saw God's enduring love for her as she battled cancer and suffered none of the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. He dealt with her gently and was very merciful to her.

I have many memories of her that I will always cherish. I am going to miss her. I look out our bedroom window at night now and I can no longer see the T.V. light coming from her bedroom window and when I get up in the morning no longer is the light shining through the window that sits by her chair in the living room. No more afternoon chats or running over to borrow a cup of this or that so I don't have to run to the store at the last minute. It's sad to look at her home and know that she is not there.

She has lived her life and I have entrusted her to the loving kindness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment