Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Decorating with Dishes











I really do love old things! In our den above a large window I have an arrangement of old platters, plates, cups, an old cream pitcher that was great grandmothers, my grandmother's sugar bowl and a saucer that was from my great grandmother's china. In our formal dining area next to my china cabinet I have hung an old china cup on a satin ribbon and in our breakfast room I have my maternal grandmother's old sugar bowl hanging from a ribbon in a large grouping of pictures. I can't do this in my formal dining area but I have always imagined a formal dining area with a buffet and the wall behind the buffet with old antique platters (huge ones to medium size ones) and maybe a couple of old antique pitchers covering the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment