Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cherry Pies


I have been doing a lot of work in the garden these past couple of days. Trying to get all my vegetables planted. We are having company from Texas next week so I wanted to get everything in the ground. My seedlings are coming along slowly. I'm hoping in a couple of weeks I will be able to plant them in the ground.

I had a pie order last week for two cherry pies. I wanted to share the recipe. It's easy and really good.

For a 9 inch pie I use two cans of cherry pie filling. To the pie filling I add 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 3 teaspoons of cornstarch and teaspoon of almond extract. Mix well. Pour into an unbaked pie shell. Cover the top of pie with a sheet of pie crust. Pinch edges. Sprinkle the top with a little sugar about 1 tablespoon. Bake at 400 for about 30-35 minutes.

Your family and guest will be smiling as they savor the last bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment