Friday, April 9, 2010

LOVE


TRUE LOVE BEGINS WHEN NOTHING IS LOOKED FOR IN RETURN.
ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPERY


I still remember the first time God showed me that I had not loved my children unconditionally. I could hardly bring myself to even say that I had loved them conditionally. It was very hard to face that truth. I'm very thankful I was able to admit it and then to learn about love. His kind of love. After raising four children, the best advice I can give a new mother is learn what it means to love unconditionally.

I have always found it interesting as I have thought about 1Corinthians 13:1-3, that we can speak with the tongues of men and angles, have all knowledge and know all mysteries, have all faith, give all our possessions away and even give our bodies up to be burned and have not love.

Think on that one awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment