Thursday, April 29, 2010

Moment with God


My son recently ran in the Oklahoma Memorial Marathon. It was his first marathon. Immediately, after stepping across the finish line, full of emotion, he had a wonderful teaching moment with God.

In a flash, this is what came to him, "Always remember this race because it is parallel to the race you run in this life. The last six miles of the race almost became unbearable, your whole body was hurting and screaming to stop, just quit, you can't do this, your going to end up on the side of the road. But you kept going not listening to your body but believing; yes, I can do this and I am going to do this. When you are working hard to have faith and to believe and when life gets hard and it will and you want to give up, remember today. Set your heart and mind like flint toward the finish line, believe Me and never never give up! Always remember, ALL things are possible to him who BELIEVES and most of all, remember how it felt to cross the finish line."

I was so inspired when he shared this with me. I wasn't about to give up in my battle but it inspired me to keep abiding and a new word God gave me, "taking" from Him. I'm not entirely sure what it means yet to take from God but I'm anxiously seeking Him to show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment