Thursday, March 14, 2013

White vinegar vs Roundup

I hate to even say this, now that I know what Roundup does, but I have used it for years.  But never again!  Yes, Roundup kills weeds and that is what I thought but it is a terrible chemical and does much more to the soil than just kill weeds.  It comes close to sterilizing the soil.  IT'S BAD!

I'm finding more and more, if I will research and wait there is almost always a natural alternative to almost everything.  From treating a sickness to gardening and a lot of things in between.   At the end of the growing season last year, I heard that white vinegar was as good as Roundup in killing weeds.  I was so glad to hear that because over the winter prior to last summer I had read about Roundup and how bad it was so last summer I didn't use it and I couldn't stay on top of the weeds. 

Over the winter, I tried some vinegar on a patch of weeds just to see if it would work and it worked beautifully.  Not only does it zap the weeds, I don't have to be concerned about being exposed to a chemical and all the bad effects to the environment. 

I was out yesterday and did a lot of spraying.  I just put the vinegar in a spray applicator that you would use for spraying Roundup and sprayed all around my garden area.  It worked great and the vinegar smell kept my cats at bay, which was wonderful.   

No comments:

Post a Comment