Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Four Agreements


It's going to be a rainy Saturday in Oklahoma and if you like to read I would like to suggest this book.  The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.  It was given to me by my oldest daughter and she loved the book and wanted me to have a copy.  I had never heard of the book or the author but I was immediately hooked once I started reading it. 

It spoke to my life because the four agreements are: Be impeccable with your word, can't get any better than that. #2 Don't take anything personally, do I ever need to hear that.  I try not to let my feelings get hurt but they often do.  #3 Don't make assumptions, a biggy for me. REAL BIG for me.  I call it speculations but it's the same thing.  I can not underline it enough for me, DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS......ASK QUESTIONS.  When we make assumptions or speculate the majority of the time we are wrong!  I need to say again, DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS.  #4 Last but not least, Always do your best, I learned this from my parents, if you do your best that's all anyone can ask for. 

The author has very skillfully written about these agreements in a way that will cause you to look deep within your own heart. It will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment