Thursday, March 28, 2013

Antique Glass Bottles and Glass Prisms








I love antique bottles and jars and all of these pictures display bottles with flowers sitting in an arrangement on a table but my favorite is sitting on a window ledge catching the natural light, especially if it's a colored bottle.  These bottles with a couple of flowering stems add such a special touch.  Nothing big, like a huge bouquet but something simple and easy.




These last three pictures are a collection of antique bottles in my breakfast room windows.  In the windows that don't have bottles I have hung a collection of prisms that I have collected over the years.  These windows face the east so the morning sun hits these prisms and cast beautiful rainbows all over my walls.

When I was a young girl,  I saw the movie Pollyanna. In the movie, Pollyanna visits a crabby old lady who is sick in bed and Pollyanna sees the crystals hanging from her old lamp and takes them off and strings them and hangs them in her window and the lady loves it.  Well, so did I and that's where I got the idea. 

In new homes these days, there are windows above the main entrance into the home.  If you get direct sunlight this would be a great place to hang prisms.  Natural light, uncover windows and colorful objects in the windows brings a good feeling to your home.

I have wanted a canary for years and my husband has put his foot down, but a bird singing in your home also makes you feel good.  A singing canary can brighten any day.  :)

1 comment:

  1. If you get direct sunlight on the window's glass psims this would be a great place to hang prisms. Natural light, uncover windows and colorful objects in the windows brings a good feeling to your home.

    ReplyDelete