Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Has Sprung!!











Time is flying by and today is officially the first day of Spring!  As I have gotten older, I really like the winter months and I would still like to have a few more fires in the wood stove.  This winter, I didn't work in the yard and garden like I normally do and last week after my first day in the garden, seriously, I could hardly move.  I stayed inside the next day and read and then worked two more days and did fine.  That first day was pretty bad!  And I have to say, my husband helped me a lot. 

I was talking to a dear friend and she was telling me that Epsom's salt will help with aching muscles.  One cup of Epsom's salt in a tub of hot bath water will help tremendously.  Don't soak any longer than 10 minutes because the salt pulls out toxins and if you soak any longer the toxins will reabsorb.

These are pictures from our little homestead.  The garden ready for planting, the peach trees blooming, the panzies have revived from the winter bite, the rosemary bush is all in bloom and the bees are busy singing their song, and last but not least is mama kitty snuggled by a lavender bush taking her afternoon nap.

I'll start planting next week.  I imagine I will be using a lot of boxes of Epsom's salt.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment