Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bustani Plant Farm



I love this place!  Bustani Plant Farm has the best quality and the most unusual plants in Oklahoma. Every year they have several new plants that you have never heard of before but they have already been tried and tested for our Oklahoma climate to see if they can survive our weather.

Bustani is owned and operated by husband and wife team Steve and Ruth Owens.  Years ago, I watched Steve on Oklahoma Gardening and he was a wonderful host and was very knowledgeable.  He left the show and then I heard he had opened a plant farm near Stillwater.  I knew I wanted to visit.

There will be a Spring Opening Weekend starting Thursday, April 11 thru Saturday, April 13 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every day.  From Oklahoma City take I-35 north and exit on highway 33 at Guthrie.  Go 22 miles east until you come to highway 177.  Turn left or North on 177 and travel 6 miles toward Stillwater to 44th.  Look for the Kubota tractor dealership then turn right or east on 44th and go 1/2 mile.

Believe me, you will love this place.  Plan your trip to the farm and take plenty of cash or your credit card because you won't be able to resist.  You can also get online and go to their website and request a catalog.  www.bustaniplantfarm.com

I have said this before, for me, going to a nursery is like going to the store hungry, I can never leave empty handed and our grocery budget suffers pretty bad.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment