Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Love This Idea of Stacking



I do love this idea.  I have two green cake stands that are different sizes and I have stacked them on top of each other before and displayed items that were not food.  Like picture two.  But I love the vase on top of the top cake plate.  The first picture is a great idea where they combined different size plates and cups.

In thinking about using the top picture, I thought this would be a great idea in catering or on a buffet table with desserts.  Use delicate china and have a couple of tiers of usual chocolate candies mixed with some delicate candies.  Sometimes guests would like a small piece of something sweet. 

Go to garage sales or especially estate sales and you can pick up some lovely dishes for not a lot of money or you may have your own. I love looking for beautiful old dishes at sales because I love the way they look and you can use them so many different ways for special occasions.  The top picture has a little doll sitting on the plate.  You could use a beautiful lilac blossom or Easter is coming soon a tiny little bunny.  There are lots of things you could incorporate with the candy or small dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment