Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oreo Cookies


I went to do some grocery shopping today and stopped by Sams to pick up a few things. It was the day they hand out samples. This is not good for me because I am always hungry it seems when I'm doing my shopping. But I did pick up the best oranges. They are called Cara Cara. The pulp is almost red and they are very sweet. But what got me was the chocolate covered Oreo's made into little lollie pops.

The past week had been terrible for me. My husband brought in a sack of Oreo's and I totally lost it. In one night, I almost ate the whole bag. I even woke up at 2:00 a.m. got up and finished off the bag and drank 2 glasses of milk and I never never drink milk. I haven't been out of control like that in 2 years. So when I saw the chocolate covered Oreo cookies I walked on by. Did some shopping and on my way back to check out I passed the Oreo stand again and thought, oh well one won't hurt. It was so good I couldn't believe it. I thought this would make a wonderful little dessert for kids and it looks like a lollie pop. I said they are great for kids but adults would love them too. You could leave off the toothpick.

You take 1 cup of chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of Crisco and melt it in a double boiler and then dip the cookies in the chocolate and you can sprinkle sprinkles over the top of the cookies. Let them dry on wax paper. And you can stick a toothpick in them to make them look like lollie pops. They are really good and I told the lady handing out the samples I would never be able to do her job because I would eat the samples as fast as I could make them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment