Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fruit Smoothie



My husband worked hard today to repair the cellar door. I can laugh at this now but at the time I didn't think it was too funny. Last year, in May, when we had the day of tornado's. We went to the cellar for the first time in probably 10 years. We got our dog and I took the family pictures off the wall and we headed to the cellar. We stood on the steps of the cellar and watched the tornado as it headed for our home. We shut the door and my husband held onto the big chain hooked onto the door and then he proceed to tell me that the hinges were no longer screwed into the frame around the door. The frame was rotten. "Are you really serious" was my response as all kinds of images went through my mind of us being sucked out of the cellar. The tornado turned and missed us by one mile but hit about 20 homes down the road from us.

This year we will have just thunderstorms with lots of rain. :)

My husband loves smoothies and they are a lot better for him than the ice cream that he loves too. So after a long day of repairing the door, we had fruit smoothies tonight. These are very easy and good.

1 1/2 cups of pineapple juice
2 frozen bananas
1/2 bag frozen peaches
1 cup Greek yogurt (you can use plain or vanilla)

Put everything in the blender and let ur rip.

You can use any fruit that you prefer. I always try to use frozen bananas because it thickens the smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment