Sunday, March 25, 2012

Decorating close to the Heart



















The quotes that hang in our home especially those about God all have a little story behind them. Years ago when I read Hines Feet In High Places, Much Afraid would always collect a stone and keep it in her bag and that would commemorate a major obstacle she had overcome. When the Israelites were going through the wilderness God always told them to build some type of monument after every major trial so every time they would see it, it would remind them of what God had done for them. Hopefully, they would never forget and they would always have the reminder that they could overcome anything with God.

The other thing that I have learned is, it helps our subconscious mind to see something over and over again. I have always had this scripture by my kitchen sink because I really needed to see this one everyday, over and over again. :) "She opens her mouth in wisdom and the law of kindness is on her tongue." Having things before my eyes jogs my memory and reminds me to think upon these things.

For some time, I have wanted something I could put quotes or sayings or even little pictures on. I didn't want anything permanent because I wanted to be able to change it out. There are so many quotes that I like, I wanted to be able to leave something for a while and then change it and put something else in its place. I found this little piece and have had fun putting quotes and pictures on it.

This is currently what's on my little heart hanger!

No comments:

Post a Comment