Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Gardening Projects






If you are not a gardener at heart you will not understand this statement. I had the most exciting weekend! I got the soil amended for my blueberries and got them planted. I worked in a good amount of peat moss and nitrogen to the soil for the blueberries. The soil looked great and so did the berry bushes. My husband and I got the PVC guttering up and I got the soil in and spinach and 3 different lettuce types planted. The most wonderful part of the guttering that I never even thought of was....I can stand up and plant. I'm not bent over on all fours walking on my knees down the row. I had never even thought of this, I was just excited that I knew there would not be all that dirt and grit on the lettuce and spinach. My wonderful husband built me a new container for my compost pile. It's a lot closer to our house.

I took a picture of my rototiller. This is one of the things I love the most as for gardening tools. It's a machine but it's small and easy to handle and I can start it every time. It's easy to maneuver around plants instead of hoeing all the time. As you can see, my sugar snap peas are coming right along, looking great.

I plan on being outside working today, you do the same. It's great for your body, mind and spirit. Have fun~ g.

2 comments:

  1. Galatha, you make me tired and sore just reading your posts. You have so much energy and such wonderful ideas. Thanks for the inspiration. Love to you and Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Connie, Believe me there are some evenings I am so sore I can hardly move but the next morning I'm pretty much back to normal. Love to you and Joe.

    ReplyDelete