Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Heartland Table

Every time I blog I have wanted to mention this new cooking show on the Food Network.  It is Heartland Table and it is on every Saturday morning at 10:00 or 10:30.  Check your listings to make sure.  This lady is going to be put in my favorites along with the  Barefoot Contessa and Giada.  I love her style of cooking.  The last show I watched she made cheese fondue on her very unique charcoal grill.  All the dippers were put on skewers and placed on the charcoal grill just long enough to give them that great charcoal taste .  The dippers were cherry tomatoes, chunks of crusty bread, purple onions and slab bacon cut into chunks.  Doesn't that sound wonderful.  These were her appetizers for dinner that night.  Her cheese was Gruyere and Cheddar.

This is the time of the year to eat out side and I thought this was a wonderful idea.  You could just have appetizers outside then come inside if it's too cool for the main course.

I hope you will check her out........I think you will like her.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment