Monday, October 21, 2013

Falafel


This is my new favorite thing.  It can sure take the place of a hamburger at least for a while. :)  My
daughter loves these also and she is the one who turned me on to them.  The ones we eat are at the Mediterranean Deli on North May in Oklahoma City.  Their hummus is wonderful also.  They serve the hummus with fresh cucumbers, pickled turnips (yes, pickled turnips and I loved these) and pita bread.  That is the first time I have ever eaten pickled turnips and they are wonderful with the hummus.  The purple that you see in the falafel is a pickled turnip.  I want to learn how to make these. The brown balls that you see in this is the falafel and it is made from chickpeas.  I'm not sure what ingredients are in these but they have somewhat of a bite to them.  The pita is stuffed with dill pickles, lettuce, tomatoes and there are two types of sauces on them.  I just love them and when I get to the city my car just automatically heads in that direction.  :)

Be sure and try one and get the hummus to go with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment