Sunday, October 13, 2013

Happy Sunday!



Donuts were in order this morning, so on my way to the donut shop I passed a garage sale.  I had to stop and the lamp was my great find.  This will either be a gift or I will sell it.  I have some ideas for it so I'll show you when it's complete.  Hopefully, it won't be in two years! :)

Tidbit of info:  I hope this will help you, it did help me.  I was watching the food channel and someone said to cook your pasta for soups before you add the pasta to the soup and that it keeps the pasta from soaking up so much of your broth.  I have had that problem a lot and so today I cooked my pasta before I added it to this wonderful Italian Vegetable Beef Soup.  This is a great soup and I have posted it before.  I was trying to find it so, if you were interested you could go there for the recipe and I couldn't readily find it so I will post it again.

2-3 pounds of stew meat (I usually cut the large pieces of stew meat in half)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 carrots, sliced
2 medium zucchini, sliced in spears
2 cans diced Italian tomatoes
1 can Great Northern Beans
1 handful of pasta
1 can beef consume
l 32 ounce beef broth
3 cups or 3 handfuls fresh baby spinach
salt and pepper to taste

Wash the meat off and then cut large pieces in half.  Brown meat and garlic in about 3 tablespoons of oil.  When the meat is brown drain off grease.  Then add broth, carrots and tomatoes and let cook for about 10 minutes.  Then add zucchini, beans and let this cook about 5-6 minutes.  Lastly, add spinach and cooked pasta.  I had little bow tie pasta on hand and that is what I used today. Stir well and it's ready to eat.  I always make mine ahead and let it sit for a couple of hours so all the flavors mix together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment