Thursday, October 17, 2013

Another Idea for Old Windows





This is another old window that was picked up by the curb.  I want to create the effect of walls, so I need a window. And this window will have a window box under the window where I can plant flowers.  On the left side of this window, I have planted two crepe myrtles that will eventually fill in that space and on the right side of the window I will drill holes at random places in the post that is holding the window on the right side and insert dowel rods and I have collected colored bottles for quite some time and these colored bottles will go on the dowel rods.  There are supports on the window right now but those will be taken off.  In the spring, I'll post another picture with the window box on so you can see the finished product.  I am using a good size window here but you could use a smaller one and if you have a bare spot in a flower bed this would be cute.  You could also plant a flowering vine to grow up one size and drape it across the top.

The last picture is the future spot for our cooled frame.  Since it has rained, I plan on starting to dig it out over the weekend.  Will keep you posted with future pictures as it progresses.  I'm going to use several old screened doors for the lids and we are going to put in clear hard plastic where the screen is located.  This location is on the south side of this building and it will get good sun light during the day.  On days that it is sunny and warm, I will raise the lid a little to let how some of the heat.  In the early evening, I will close the lid so nothing will freeze.  I will be growing mainly greens in my cold frame. 

I get a natural high with this weather.  I absolutely love it and I know you do too.  Have a super day!

No comments:

Post a Comment