Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wide Open Spaces

A field of yarrow behind our home. 

I have been working in the garden a lot lately.  I had got behind and the weeds were over taking me.  With all the rain, I can hardly stay on top of everything.  I'm going to buy mulch tomorrow for my flower beds. I'm not complaining about the rain, I love it and we need it so bad.  Everything in the country looks so beautiful and green.  The past two summers have been so hot and with the draught sometimes it looked pretty bad out here. 
 
This is a picture of the wide open spaces.  My neighbor just mowed his pasture and as I was mowing ours and I looked up and saw this view.  It was beautiful.  My camera, unfortunately, didn't capture the beauty like I saw it but I hope you can get the idea.
 
 
 
 
 
My tomatoes are looking pretty good.
 
I was out working yesterday and I was really hungry.  I was trying to figure out what to eat that would keep me on the straight and narrow.  I remembered that I had baked a chicken over the weekend.  A wonderful idea popped into my mind.  I had a very good head of iceberg lettuce.  I tore off a piece of that put about a teaspoon of mayo on the leaf, several slices of chicken breast and several thin slices of a vadila onion.  It was wonderful.  I ate two of these and drank a big glass of water and it about 15 minutes was totally satisfied.  Wanted to share the idea because it was very tasty and not any carbs.  An avocado or some tomato would have been great but I was out of both. I'm going to start thinking along the lines of what I can put in a lettuce leaf to eat so I don't have to use bread.  Really, you'll have to try it .....it was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment