Sunday, June 23, 2013

Baby Quilt



No, I'm not going to be a grandma.  Years ago my aunt was cleaning out her closet and I stopped by her house and she had this baby quilt that she was going to give to the thrift store.  It was still in the package, had never been touched.  She asked if I would like it and I said yes.  It's cross stitch and that was not my idea of a baby quilt that I would want to make for my future grandchildren but I took it anyway.  Now, it has been in my work room for years and when I was cleaning out things I ran across it.  I decided to start it and it is really turning out to be a lot cuter than I thought. I'll be sure and show you the finished product.

I just wanted to encourage you to start a project.  It doesn't have to be anything this big.  Hobby Lobby has lots of small things you can make.  Start now to make something special for someone for the holidays or make something special for your home for the holidays. There is also a great quilt shop in Norman and there is also one in Casady Square on Britton Road and N. Penn.  They are full of ideas of things you can make and they also have classes.  I think you would really enjoy a visit to either one of these places.  The quilt shop in Norman is on 24th street south off of Robinson, sorry I can't remember the name.  Your children or grandchildren would always cherish something you made.

This summer I have  a routine going where I work in the yard in the morning and in the afternoon I work an hour or two on the quilt.  Before you know it, you will have completed a project. Just put aside some time every day to work on your project and you'll be surprised how quickly you can finish a project.

I've gotten a lot of kidding from my children on making this baby quilt but I'm very optimistic a lot can happen in a year or two.  :)  I believe love is right around the corner with someone special for all my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment