Sunday, June 30, 2013

Great Sugar Cookies


This is the best sugar cookie I have ever eaten.  The saying, you can't eat just one.  Well, it's really true about these cookies.  It is very hard to stop eating them.  They are not to sweet and they are chewy and soft. Yum!

I had made up the cookie dough for a fruit pizza on Friday and I had some dough left and made cookies for Gary to have this afternoon.  I wanted to eat them instead of dinner.  Here's the recipe and I hope you like it as much as I do.

5 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 sticks butter
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
4 tablespoons of cream or milk

Cream together butter and sugar.  The add soda, salt, vanilla and eggs and mix well.  Then add milk and gradually add flour.  It is best to refrigerate the dough for about an hour.  After the dough is chilled roll into balls about the size of walnuts and place on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 to 13 minutes.  Take out of oven when slightly golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment