Thursday, May 2, 2013

What to do?


I'm sitting in my favorite chair this morning watching several little hummingbirds hurriedly grab a drink and fly off to a safe warm place ( I hoping).  They are probably thinking they took the wrong turn, how did we end up in these freezing cold temperatures.  Tonight it's going to be freezing cold.  I'm not sure how the cold weather will effect these little beauties. 

I'm also trying to decide what to do with my 18 tomato plants that I planted a week ago today.  I've thought of putting a coffee can over the ones that are that small and then straw over the coffee cans.  I have some five gallon buckets for the plants that are larger.  I also thought of making a tent with a garbage bag.  Putting the garbage bag over a tomato cage and putting straw all around the plant and then covering it with the tent.  The final idea is digging up each plant keeping a good amount of soil around the root system and putting them all in a large galvanized tub and putting them in the well house where there is a small gas heater. ????????  WHAT TO DO!

I have some beautiful iris and my lilac bush is in full bloom.  I'll be spending the morning outside picking flowers and taking care of my tomatoes and pepper plants and I forgot eggplant, everything else is in the ground.

I'm going to call the OSU extension center and see what they suggest first and I will make my decision from there. 

The picture today is a lovely flower from my chives.  Isn't it beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment