Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I have had a wonderful mother's day and I am very thankful that I have four amazing children who love me.

I have been humbled by their kind words and the affection they have shown me today.

I was thinking as we drove home this evening after a wonderful day with our children, my prayer for my children has always been that they would see humanity through God's eyes and that they would have His love for mankind. I would have to say that God has heard my prayer.  I could not ask for children who are more loving, giving, generous in their giving, considerate of others and loving the unlovely. They often times, by their example and insight, challenge and teach me to love more deeply and to look beyond the physical form. I'm thankful they are my children, but I would never, not for a minute take credit for the men and women they are becoming.

I'm thankful I have the privilege to be their mother.

It's been a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment