Monday, May 20, 2013

A little of this and a little of that!








I'll start with my garden.  I have been decorating the garden, just some little touches here and there.  A couple of repainted bird houses, a wooden picture that a dear friend gave me for my birthday last year, and a garden sculpture. I have planted zinnias behind the garden sculpture.  The sugar snap peas are coming right along.  I'm not sure how they are going to do with the heat.  I am usually harvesting them right now.  But I was late getting everything in with the cold weather, I'll just have to see how it goes.  I planted 18 tomato plants.  I wanted to have enough to do a lot of canning.  My daughters and I use a lot of tomatoes and this year I am going to teach them how to can tomatoes.

My lavender is beautiful and those spikes not only smell wonderful but feel like velvet.  This is a different variety not the normal English lavender.

Last but not least is again the lemon curd cheesecake.  We celebrated our youngest son's birthday yesterday and cheesecake is one of his favorites.  I knew he would love this so I made this for him.  I posted this for the bridal shower I helped with and decorated it with pansies.  The original recipe used candied lemon slices so that is what I did for this cheesecake.  Again, the recipe is at Southern Living. com and it is called Lemon Bar Cheesecake.  It is a wonderful cheesecake!






No comments:

Post a Comment