Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Give the Gift of Flowers from Your Yard



These flowers remind me so much of my mother.  This time of the year our home was always filled with fresh flowers. I'm going to visit my daughters today and I'm taking these bouquets to them.   Passing on the tradition.  :)

I wanted to pass on a little tidbit of information.  This may not be news to some of you but it has been to me.  As I have watched my favorite cooking shows, time and again I always hear them say to use eggs, milk, butter etc. at room temperature.  I really wondered if it made a difference and I have been experimenting to see if it did and it really makes a big difference.  My big problem is, I'm usually not thinking that far in advance, that I think of taking out butter or eggs to let them get to room temperature before I start baking. I'm working on changing my ways, it's worth it.  Cookies and cakes are lighter and fluffier.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment