Friday, May 10, 2013

Dolly Parton's Cabbage Soup



A dear friend on facebook had posted this soup and I had mentioned in another post that for some reason I have been craving cabbage, so I had to try it. This recipe is very healthy and it is good.  This would be a great soup to have on hand if you are dieting.

1 small head of cabbage, chopped
3-4 ribs of celery, diced
2 green peppers diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 large can diced tomatoes
1-2 cans of chicken broth, (I thought you could use vegetable broth also)
water
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
salt and pepper to taste

Cut all veggies into bite size pieces. Put in a large soup pot with just enough water to barely cover the vegetables and cook until tender, about 30-45 minutes.

I changed up the recipe a little.  I used about 3 tablespoons of olive oil and put all the veggies in on the oil with the garlic and salt and pepper and sauteed the veggies for about 4 minutes turning often then I poured the broth and water over the veggies and cooked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment