Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hummingbirds





I get so much enjoyment out of watching these little guys.  Does that mean that I'm really getting old when I'm content sitting and watching hummingbird?  I hope not. At the first break of day, they are busy getting their first drink of sweetness.  I have a huge window to the north and this beautiful feeder hangs in the middle of the window and my favorite chair faces that window. I also have a beautiful green glass bird feeder that hangs from a tree that is easily seen from this chair also.

If you would like to find some beautiful bird feeders and hummingbird feeders go to my favorite place, Wishire Garden Market.  My bird and hummingbird feeders were gifts from there.

My hummingbird feeders were not up 5 minutes when the hummingbirds started feeding.  I have one that hangs by my kitchen window also.  I really enjoy watching them. 

I use 2 cups of water to one cup of sugar and heat it until the sugar dissolves almost to boiling.  Let it cool and then fill your container.  Don't add red food coloring, it's not good for us or the birds.  If you have a clear container that is not colored paint a flower on it but don't add food coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment