Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Asian Chicken Salad


I had this salad at a dear friend's house for lunch one day and absolutely loved it.  I came home and made this salad and ate it for three days.  My body must have needed the cabbage because I craved it. It's very simple:

1 head of cabbage shredded
1 pkg. or bunch of green onions chopped
1 carrots sliced
1 1/2 to 2 cups of chicken, cubed
2 to 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 to 3/4 cup of sliced almonds, toasted
crunchy noodles from the Ramen noodle soup package

Dressing:
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of honey
salt and pepper
1/3 cup of olive oil or peanut oil

I make the salad.  I do not put in the nuts or noodles or add the dressing.  I keep the salad in an air tight container and it stays very crisp.  As I want to eat the salad, I take out what I want add nuts and noodles and dressing. 

In the picture, I have cut up chunks of an orange.  I had some very sweet and juicy navel oranges and I thought this would be good in the salad too.  I also thought a small minced clove of garlic would be good in the dressing but haven't tired that yet.

It's a wonderful salad, crunchy, salty and a little sweetness!



No comments:

Post a Comment