Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Wedding Shower Buffet Table and Lemon Curd Cheesecake








Over the weekend, I helped host a bridal shower for a dear friend's son and his fiance. I thought you might enjoy seeing the pictures of the buffet table.  I always enjoy seeing what others do on these occasions.

On a post back in March, called Beautiful Garnish, I posted a picture of a sun dried tomato tart where they had decorated the top with panzies, chives and mint leaves.  I loved the way it looked and I wanted to try it on something.  When I decided to do the lemon curd cheesecake, I knew I wanted to decorate the top like the picture I had seen of the tart.  This is the first time I had made this cheesecake and you always learn what to do differently the next time but I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out.  This cheesecake has a crust.  It's the first cheesecake I have ever made that had something similar to a pie crust.  The cheesecake is delicious.  The recipe is from the February issue of Southern Living.  They decorated the top of their cheesecake with candied lemon slices.
They called their cheesecake Lemon Bar Cheesecake.  The recipe is quite lengthy.  If you are interested in the recipe you can go to Southern Living. com and get the recipe.  They suggest buying lemon curd already made but I always use Ina Garten's lemon curd recipe from the Food Network.   Also, just one tip.  You make the crust and put it in the frig for four hours.  It is harder than a rock when you remove it.  You will develop muscles over this one but just take your time and slowly roll the dough down.  It will eventually roll out to the size you need but it takes some muscles and a little while to get it there.  There are some steps to this cheesecake but it is delicious and worth the work.






















































































































4 comments:

  1. The Shower was wonderful, food was delicious and the buffet table and decor beautiful. You have such a talent for making everything extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie. I really enjoyed doing it. Josh and Maisi are such a sweet couple and it's such a blessing to see young love in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table setup looks great in these pictures filled with so many amazing delicacies. The wedding shower must’ve been a wonderful event. I had also attended my best friend’s bridal shower a few days ago and had a great time. She is getting married in a few weeks at one of the famous venues in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete