Saturday, April 6, 2013

Strawberry Pot


I love these strawberry pots and over the last several years they have become very popular.  This is one my mother-in-law gave me years ago and it sits in the corner of my front flower bed. 

This is a picture from last fall after our first freeze.  As you can see, the flowers look a little wilted.  These johnny jump ups looked so cute in this strawberry pot.  There are also some succulents in there from the summer.

If you like these pots you will have to get one and plant some small flowers in them or succulents look great in them.  Last year at the farmers market in Norman, there was a vendor selling several different styles of these pots.  I'm sure most garden stores carry them.

I have had succulents in the side pockets and one year I planted caladiums in the top and another year I planted the grass that is bluish purple that has a small fury cone, its an annual.  Another idea, would be to plant basil in the top for this large pot I have there would be room for it.

Since I mentioned herbs, don't forget that herbs look beautiful in the flower bed.  Lavendar and rosemary are beautiful and they grow into good sized bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment