Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Great Story


As you know, our little grandson is now a year old.  I've been looking on Craig's list for a swing set for him.  Not just any swing set, but one made from redwood with a fort and slide just what you see in this picture.  Of course, I hadn't been able to find anything.

As timing would have it, it was July 4th weekend.  We have some dear friends who have a wonderful fourth of July celebration every year and we have celebrated with them and their family for probably the last 15 years.  They had their celebration on Saturday this year and as we were leaving our home to go to the celebration I was talking to my husband about an old friend that I hadn't talked to in almost a year.  I was telling him that I need to call her this next week and check on her and see how their family is doing.  We have been friends since high school and she is a dear friend and even though a lot of time may pass when we don't see each other or talk we can just pick up where we left off.  Ok, now back to the celebration and our friends who are hosting the party.  In the last several years, they have started having grandchildren and they had bought one of those redwood swing sets with the fort and the big slide.  After the fireworks that night, we were packing up our things to leave and we were not far from the swing set.  I told my daughter, "I would love to have one of those for Dutch."  "I know she said, he would love that."  The next morning I was sitting and drinking my coffee it was early and I heard my phone makes its little sound when a text message comes through.  I look at it and it's a message from this friend I was talking to my husband about yesterday that I needed to call this next week.  There is this picture of a swing set (above) and a message that says, "Would you like to have this for Dutch? You can have it for free, if you come get it."  I was crying and could hardly see the keys on the phone to answer her back.  I hate to say, I couldn't believe it but I was so shocked. 

I don't believe in coincidence but I do believe in synchronicity.  When things don't happen by chance but everything falls into place at the right moment and there is meaning behind everything that happens.  The desires of your heart are met in a wonderful way by the Creator who's ways are limitless and wondrous.

I can't wait to see Dutch's face ~


2 comments: