Monday, August 22, 2016

Happy 40th Birthday Dear Daughter









This beautiful little bundle was three weeks late!  And after about 30 hours of labor we were so happy to see her sweet little face.  She arrived at 10:00 on a Sunday night and I vividly remember being rolled into my room around midnight with her in my arms and watching a thunder storm to the south move into the city.  I was too excited to go to sleep and I remember looking at her and thinking about her and wondering what would her life be like.

She has been very patient with her Dad and me.  We wanted her to have roots but it was hard for us to let her have wings as she was growing up.  She grew wings as all children do and when the time was right she stepped off the cliff and started to fly.  She wobbled a bit and almost crashed landed a few times but as time has passed she has learned to soar like an eagle.  At times, vultures try to nip at her wings but eagles always escape the snares.

It's hard for me to realize she is forty because she is so beautiful and doesn't look her age, so I think I'm still 38.  LOL  I'm very proud of the person she has become.  She is witty, a great impersonator (she can have us in stitches with her impersonations) and yet she is  a very caring, compassionate and loving person.  She is a great nurse, a wonderful daughter and a super mom.

My life has been blessed beyond words to have you in my life.

Have a wonderful day and remember you are only getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment