Thursday, August 25, 2016

Charlotte's Baby Spider Sack



I've spent the last 3 weeks cleaning out flower beds and boy, it was bad.  Last summer, I didn't get anything done in my flower beds and the weeds were pretty bad.  It all looks so good now, the weeds and leaves are gone and there is lots of mulch in its place.  I could just sit and look at everything and I do.  It's peaceful and calming and I love sitting there.  My mailman just stopped by to bring a package and committed on it being an inviting place to sit and rest.  After all the work is done, it's almost like after you clean house you feel so good you just want it to stay this way forever but it doesn't.  :(   We live in our houses and things continue to grow so it keeps us busy. 

In the process of cleaning the flower beds, I was also pruning some of my bushes and found the little spider sack.  I had to take a picture of it so when I read Charlotte's Web to Dutch I can show him an actual picture of a spider sack.

I wanted to also show you a picture of Dutch's little mosaic hand print that he gave me for Mother's day.  It looks so good among this ground cover.  It's by the sidewalk as you walk to the house and I see it everyday.  This ground cover is great.  It is a succulent and my aunt gave it to me.  It survives our winters.  Bounces right back and wherever it falls it starts to grow.  I'm sorry to say I don't know it's name.  If you like garden art and have children or grandchildren you will love having there little hand or foot prints in your garden.  I think my daughter got her kit at Hobby Lobby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment