Friday, August 12, 2016

A Little Zing for Your Chicken Salad


Last weekend I made chicken salad for dinner.  My little added zing is cutting up your favorite greens, iceberg, green leaf, red leaf or Romaine and tossing the greens in Parmesan cheese. Then put your chicken salad on top.  The Parmesan tossed greens adds a great flavor.

This is my recipe for chicken salad.  Just pretty standard.

3 chicken breast seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder, baked at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes, cool and then cut into chunks.
1 small package of slivered almonds
red grapes sliced in half, put as many as you would like
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup finely diced onion (sometimes I put onion and sometimes I leave it out)
1 cup to 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise 

Put everything in a bowl add mayo and mix well. Be sure and try the Parmesan tossed lettuce, I think you will love it.  Watermelon on the side........great!

No comments:

Post a Comment