Sunday, July 31, 2016

A Few Gardening Ideas




We have lost some big limbs on some of our trees from previous ice storms and the bark broke away from the limb and I saved it.  I put two halves together and made a container for the fern.
The next is a small clump of monkey grass and I put this metal rooster in it.  And over the years I have collected rocks at various places and I made a little mound of stones.  Actually, in Scottish tradition these were called cairns.  Although, I don't know that mine are stacked correctly to call them a cairn.  I just piled them up there.
And last is something Gary made me.  It was a step that went in front of an outdoor building that we had.  The building is gone and I wanted to keep the step so I put it in my flower bed.  My goal for this is to eventually have different succulents growing around it.  The one succulent you see (I don't know the name) makes it threw our winters.  I eventually want different ones all the way around this piece.
I love garden art.  I watched a garden show yesterday the had Chihuly glass pieces through out their garden.  It was the Gardens in Atlanta, I think it is their arboretum, it was absolutely beautiful.  I have seen pretty glass pieces that are a copy of his art (like glass spikes) at the Greenhouse in Norman.    Something in your garden to catch the sunlight.  Really pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment