Monday, July 11, 2016

Vegetables and Rice



Having chicken tenders tonight and had everything for salad and was trying to think of what I could fix to go with salad and chicken.  I had one yellow squash, one zucchini, one bunch of green onions, and a half of a red bell pepper and a box of long grain wild rice.  The rice was a box of Rice-a-Roni.  I do keep their Mexican rice when I having Mexican food it's good and easy. So this is what I did and it really turned out tasty.

I cut the zucchini and yellow squash into fourths and on the thin side.  I sliced the green onions thinly and diced the red bell pepper.  Then I sautéed all of this in 2 tablespoons of butter for about 2 minutes.  I added the rice and sautéed it with the vegetables for about 3 minutes.  The rice calls for 2 cups of water so I added that and the packet of seasoning that comes with the rice.  Stirred it all today well and when it started to boil I lower the temperature to low and put the lid on the pan and let it cook for seven minutes.  I also turn the off the heat and let it set for about 10 minutes before serving.  It really turned out good.  Rice-a-Roni also has a chicken and beef flavored rice.  You could do the chicken flavored with these vegetables or you could do the beef flavored and add mushrooms, green onions, and thinly sliced broccoli.  The rice is not bad and it is definitely a time saver.

I also wanted to say that when I got those vegetables all cut up it was too much to go into the rice so I only used half of the vegetables. 

No comments:

Post a Comment