Thursday, July 7, 2016

The Last Part of Our Trip

This was the ranch where we attended the retreat with Mt. Adams in the background.  It was a beautiful place very peaceful and quite.

I guess what I want to say about this part of our trip is I'm a truth seeker.  About eight years ago one morning while praying, I heard "examine everything carefully and cling to that which is good."  I wasn't sure what that meant because I had come to the place where I had everything pretty well figured out and my beliefs were very neatly arranged in my box. Things started coming into my life that were out of my box and as I started to examine them I found that I had to ask myself some pretty difficult questions about my own beliefs.  So, I took my old sunday school teacher's advice which was if you are going to base your life on a belief you better make sure it's right. I've read and research quite a bit but the past two summers I've had the opportunity to travel to some places to look for answers.  I haven't found all the answers yet, and truthfully I don't know if I will but I have hopes that before I leave this planet I'll have a good idea of what really happened.  What I do now is hold loosely to what I think is right because I have found that knowledge just keeps increasing.  I don't have a label anymore, I'm just a person who loves God and wants to find the truth. 
I wanted to show you this picture.  One day we did a walking meditation and when we were finished we looked up and saw this.  I've never seen a rainbow turned like this and I saw an angel at the end but you may think it's something else.  I like to think God was smiling!

It was a wonderful trip and some memories you just never forget and this trip will be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment