Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Theta Burger

Yesterday was a very busy day for us.  I had some hamburger meat for burgers for dinner.  I was really tired of my usual mustard burger with lettuce, tomato, onion and dill pickles.  I had been thinking about a theta burger and so I thought I would see if I could create one. It turned out wonderful and this is what I did.

Put a little butter on the inside of two buns and toast it in a pan. Then mayo on both sides. Then put a little puddle of barbeque sauce on one side, next a good amount of cheddar cheese over barbeque sauce, then put your hot hamburger patty over the cheese and then dill pickles over the hamburger patty.  I hope you will try it I think you will love it.

If you are as old as I am and live in Oklahoma City you will remember the Split T on North Western.  I've eaten many theta burgers from that place.  Then Johnnie's started making them after the Split T.  Johnnie's has a great Theta also. 

I really didn't even think about a picture at the time.  If you want a little something different than your regular burger, you'll have to give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment