Sunday, February 2, 2014

Improved Garden Area



These are some pictures of the garden area and what I have accomplished so far.  I took a picture of a shingle for the roof.  I got this idea from a gardener about ten years ago and this shingle is that old.  We have moles pretty bad and they will make tunnels along the edge of the raised bed and it raises the shingle up and I have to go back and rack the dirt level with the raised bed and then put the shingle back in place.  But what you do, is put the shingle next to the raised bed, I make a walking pace two shingles wide and over lap them a little and then cover it with straw.  Over the years the straw with break down and make great mulch.  I scoop it up and put it in the raised bed and then put more straw back down.  You hardly have any weeds at all doing this. 

We are going to replace the boards on the other two raised beds.  The have deteriorated beyond repair.  When nice weather returns, I still have a lot of work to do before planting time arrives.

Isn't the snow beautiful.  We got about 6 inches in Chickasha. 












































































No comments:

Post a Comment