Sunday, February 9, 2014

Judgment and Forgiveness


These are words that have such a profound effect upon our emotions and our health.  Over the years, I have slowly gained knowledge and understanding of both; while still admitting that I have not fully arrived at mastery.

It's been my experience that forgiveness is really not a one time event but as hurtful memories surface from time to time choosing to forgive each time loosens the hold of the emotion until finally there remains no offence.

I found this quote regarding judgment in a book I was reading and as I have pondered the quote, I have found it to be very enlightening for me and I wanted to share it.  "All judgment of others is cloaked self judgment.  If you did not have the trait you judge, you would either be unable to recognize it in another or you would not judge it if you did see it." That puts a new light on things doesn't it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment