Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day


Several posts prior to this, I was talking about the "first" in my life and since today is Valentine's Day I wanted to share my first kiss with you.  It's quite comical and it will give you a little chuckle for the day.

I was between 5 and 8 years old. There were several of us neighborhood kids that always played together but on this particular day it was the one boy in our group and me.  We were playing in his backyard and I told him I wanted him to kiss me.  He said, "no, that someone would see us."  I told him, "no they won't" and I took off my sweater and put it over our heads and said, "ok, now kiss me like they do in the movies."  He gave me a little peck on the lips and I said, "that's not the way they do it" and he said, "I don't want to do this anymore, let's go ride bikes." So much for romance and first kisses! :)

This is a beautiful quote I found recently in a book I was reading.  I had to share it.

Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides, and gravity, we shall harness....the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.
~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Wishing you a memorable day with your Valentine!

Always love~


No comments:

Post a Comment