Sunday, January 26, 2014

Daunting Garden Area





This is pretty daunting, isn't it.  Well you can hardly tell what this is but it is my raised beds.  I haven't used them in quite some time because the water line doesn't work that goes to this area so I have just let the weeds take it over.  I used to garden this whole area and now I wonder how I did it all.   I have decided to just use the raised beds and I am going to mow the center of the garden.  I think I will be able to handle that. 

For several weeks, in between arctic blasts I have been working on this.  I looked at this and thought "do I really want to do this?"  But I'm glad I have started the clean up process.  I worked outside all afternoon yesterday and it couldn't have been a more perfect day.  Just so beautiful, no wind and perfect temperatures.  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it.  I didn't want to come in when I was finished working so I sat in a chair and enjoyed the bluest sky, all the bird sounds and the slow descent of the sun.

As I sat and was enjoying the late afternoon, my mind started to remember the "firsts" in my life.  It was fun remembering those moments although I must say I was filled with a lot of different emotions as I remembered.  My first day of school, my first bike ride with no wheels, jumping off the diving board into the deep water, my first speech in junior high in front of the entire school, trying out for cheerleader, and oh! my first kiss and the first time I had sex, losing my first tooth, water skiing for the first time, first time I at Mexican food and pizza, my first dentist appt. (I'm surprised that wasn't blocked in the ole memory :).  There were other first but I won't keep on boring you. For me, it was the end to a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment