Sunday, January 19, 2014

Avocado Louie


This was lunch yesterday.  Fast and delicious.  The one blog that I look at is Mrs. Wheelbarrow.  She is a master at canning and has wonderful ideas about canning so I like to look at what she comes up with.  She posted this and said this was something her mother always made for her when she was a girl.  I love avocados and the ketchup, mayo and onion is a salad dressing my mother used to make so I knew I would probably love this and I did.  This is great for a fast lunch or it would be a great side dish with soup.  This recipe serves 2.

3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons mayo, yogurt or sour cream
4 sweet pickle chips, minced plus 1 teaspoon sweet pickle juice
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons finely chopped onion or scallion
2 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl, stir together ketchup, mayo, pickle, brine, mustard and onion.  Fold in eggs.  Taste and correct salt and pepper.

I put salt and pepper on the avocado and then topped with the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment